Thursday, February 15, 2018

When a young man was killed a few feet away from me


July 17th, 2017, I was walking to the grocery when I heard 3 shots in close proximity from where I was walking.  The Victim Terrell Smith (26) was shot 2-3 times fatally. At first, I thought It was an elderly man who fell but dived to avoid being shot by the bus stop. The Victim was shot by alleged suspect Chaz Reyes, who was reportedly a disabled young man who was robbed twice at gunpoint by the victim.  

At first, I thought it was still an active shooter situation, I saw Terell on the floor bleeding and losing consciousness, he did not speak. I asked him if he knew his shooter, he was struggling to talk,  a police car came right away and tended to him despite the few minutes that went by of the gunshots. Terrell died the next morning in the hospital. 











No comments:

Post a Comment